Thursday, August 1, 2013

Does it really matter?

Everyone listens to their own music. But people are judged for it. I'm white and love rap music, it's 95% of what I listen to. And all the time from so many people all I hear is "he thinks he's black" "he wants to be black" "why are you listening to that black crap." 

This shouldn't happen. No, I don't think in black, I know I'm white, I'm not attempting to be black. Rap is music, it's made for a reason, for people to like. And I like it.

I can't stand that people get picked on and judged simply for what they listen to. People can listen to whatever they want. They are themselves for a reason, no need to have opinions for what someone puts in their ears.

If someone listens to rap, regardless of race, there's no reason they can't. They like it. Doesn't mean they're trying to be black, it's just what they like. This statement goes for every other type of music. 

I hate country, most country. But if someone likes it good for them they can like it if they want. They can live in Detroit and like country for all I care. Rock music that is all screaming may not be considered music sometimes but if its what someone enjoys, it doesn't mean they're depressed or cut themselves. Different people like different things.

Rap music is the only music where if someone not black listens to it, apparently they "want to be black." Which is not true at all. It's just what is liked by some people. Because someone likes country doesn't mean they want to be a cowboy, because someone likes hard rock music doesn't mean they are a dark person. Music is meant to be liked and is allowed to be liked by anyone no matter what. And it annoys me so bad that people are judged for what they listen to. They aren't making you listen, so keep quit. It isn't a big deal at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment