Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kendrick Lamar in "Control"

If you haven't heard the song Control, by Big Sean ft Kendrick Lamar and Jay Electronica, I suggest listening. It'll be easier to understand this article.(http://youtu.be/FPxXcQ77DDM)

Listened yet? Good.

Good song, but something stood out, right? Maybe Kendrick Lamar's verse, maybe him calling out multiple other rappers, saying he hopes their careers go down the tubes basically, saying he's better and everything. Here's a reminder of what was said.
 
He calls out many big names in the rap game right now. People he's collaborated with, Big Sean in his own song right here.

But is it THAT big a deal? Listening to it at first I was shocked, confused, puzzled like crazy. But thought to myself, wait, every rapper says this. Every rapper wants to be the best, wants to be up on top over everyone else. Only, thing is, Kendrick had the balls to use names. Rappers all say things like "I'm the best over the rest I'ma murder y'all and watch you fall." (I made that up, but it's basically what they say.) Kendrick said what every rapper says, but with names. Every rapper wants to be the best in the rap game.

In the rap game, Kendrick may want to murder everyone. Outside of that, though, I'm sure they all understand he's just saying he wants to be best. I doubt in real life he wants to murder everyone. He was honestly saying nothing wrong or bad, just saying he wants to be best, like every rapper does, every athlete does, every singer does. 

This story and song have been too hyped for me to not address it. This is my opinion and I'm pretty sure it's completely accurate and my thoughts of Kendrick's reasoning are actually his reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment